HOW TO GET STARTED
- The application is be available in App stores for IOS and Android or from the links is available in our website.
- Once you have downloaded the App, to start using it you will need to register your device being a mobile phone or an Ipad.
- Your will use your Tigo number that is registered to Tigo Pesa and your Tigo Pesa PIN to register your device.
- If your device does not automatically insert the Authentication code, please go to your SMS inbox and copy the code and paste it to where it say “Enter your received code”
- Once all the details are filled, make sure you agree with the ‘Terms and Conditions’ then click “ok” to complete registration and you are ready to start using the APP.
FREQUENT ASKED QUESTIONS
- How do I download the app?
The customer can download the application by following the link which is found at the Tigo pesa website or the broadcast message sent to them. They can also visit the app stores of Apple and Android and download it directly from the stores.
- Where do I get the link/download the app?
The link can be found on Tigo-Pesa website, or visiting the App stores directly via your devices.
- How long does it take to download the app?
The application can take a couple of minutes depending on the speed of your internet connection
- Do I get charged more using the app?
No. Normal Tigo Pesa charges will apply and data service through Tigo will not be charged when using the Tigo Pesa App.
- Do I get charged when downloading the app?
There are no charges for the customer to download the Tigo Pesa application
- Are all the services available on the app?
All the services which are currently available on Tigo pesa through USSD, will also be available on the smartphone application.
- What if my app is giving me an error?
If that happens: Check if your phone has an internet connection or alternatively contact Tigo customer care.
- What do I need to qualify to use the app?
All you need is: Your IOS or android phone with data/wifi and your registered Tigo number
- Can I use it on another network?
Yes, it doesn’t matter which network you’re using , as long as you are a registered Tigo Pesa user and are able to receive the SMS code which will be sent to the registered Tigo Pesa number
- Do I use the same PIN?
Yes, you will use the same Tigo Pesa PIN used when accessing through USSD *150*01#
- What if I lose my phone/device?
You should call customer care to ensure the device is deregistered, you can also download the the Tigo Pesa app on the new device and continue using it
- Can my money be stolen if I lose my phone/device?
No your money will be safe since your wallet is still protected by your Tigo Pesa PIN.
- How do I know if my phone supports the app?
You can visit the website to view the list of supported devices this might be updated periodically as new devices are added to the list.
- What if I forgot my password?
You can reset your password by calling Tigo customer care on 100, or visiting any of our Tigo Shops.
- Does the app works anywere in Tanzania?
Yes, the application works anywhere in Tanzania as long as your device has wifi/data connection, it also works anywhere in the world as long as your device/handset has wifi/data connection.
- Which language is the app in?
The application can either be in Swahili or English, the user has an option of changing it any time in the App itself.
- Can I still save my bill pay reference?
Yes, you can save and delete at any time. The application gives you a choice of saving the reference each time you perform a transaction
- How secure is the app?
The app uses the latest security feature to protect you as the consumer, but we would like to remind our customers of the importance of never sharing your PIN with anybody, and to note that Tigo staff will never require you to provide us with your PIN.
- Will my number work for both *150*01# and application?
Yes you can continue using both the *150*01# short code and the Tigo Pesa application.
- Can I install the Tigo Pesa App on more than one device?
Yes you can install the application on multiple devices at the same time and access from any of your registered devices, you can view all your registered devices and also easily deregister devices from within the Tigo Pesa application.